Sometimes, when life is hard, you need hearty food to make you happier. Or at least I do. And I strongly believe in the saying: you won’t need love as long as you can have melted cheese. And on all other occasions, we love melted cheese too!
As I am a true mushroom lover, I decided to make a quick version of stuffed Portobello mushrooms. You can eat it as main meal or as side dish. And vary the fillings, it is so easy!
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, only the heads
- 3 big spoons of low fat cream cheese with herbs (not toooo low fat, otherwise it will just loose water)
- 1 small red onion in cubes
- 1 small spoon of grated cheddar
- a few pieces of camembert
I preheat the oven as hot as possible and put the mushrooms on a plate on it to already roast them a little. In the meanwhile I mix the other ingredients. You won’t need extra spices because the cream cheese has enough of them. After 10-12 min. take out the mushrooms and fill them with the mix. Add the camembert (or any other melting cheese) and put the plate back into the oven. Let it roast until the cheese is melted and has a little crust. Tadaa! Looking good, tasting awesome!