We all are busy and therefore shopping food and preparing it is always kinda stressful. I love meals I can prepare the evening before and take with me easily. This healthy little salad can be mixed in 5 minutes and tastes even better after some time when all the flavors had a little time to rest. It is great combined with a hard boiled egg and a slice of whole wheat bread if you want to add some carbs. Depending on what you combine it is vegan too.
For one portion you need:
- one middle-sized tomato
- 1/2 avocado (it shouldn’t be too soft so you can cut it into pieces)
- 1/2 a hand of cashew nuts (natural, not roasted)
- 1/2 a hand of soy beans (I always use frozen ones and unfreeze them in the fridge the day before)
- a few leafs of fresh herbs like coriander, basil, citrus basil or parsley
- optional: a bit of fresh chili and young onion – it tastes great but when I plan to be physically active later, I skip it ;-)
Cut everything in handy pieces and mix in a boil. For the vinaigrette, I used the juice of a half lime, salt, hot chili powder, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it with the salad and the tomato juice will also add some flavor to it. You can also use a good, not too sour vinegar or add fresh cucumber. Another tip: this is also a good mix for a wrap when you combine it with grilled tofu or chicken. Have fun and enjoy!